There are several things to do when you want to make a release of the project: Todo: things should be automatize ;)
For ease, we have same version for casskop and multi-casskop
- Update Changelog.md with informations for the new release
- update version/version.go with the new release version
- update multi-casskop/version/version.go with the new release version
- update helm/cassandra-operator/Chart.yaml and values.yaml
- update multi-casskop/helm/multi-casskop/Chart.yaml and values.yaml
- generate casskop helm with
- add to git docs/helm, commit & push
- once the PR is merged to master, create the release with content of changelog for this version
The CassKop operator is released in the helm/charts/incubator see : https://github.com/helm/charts/pull/14414
We also have a helm repository hosted on GitHub pages.
In order to release the Helm charts on GitHub, we need to generate the package locally
then add to git the package and make a PR on the repo.
OLM is used to manage lifecycle of the Operator, and is also used to puclish on https://operatorhub.io
You can create new version of CassKop OLM bundle using:
Exemple for generating version 0.0.4
You may need to manually update some fileds (such as description..), you can refere to previous versions for that
Before submitting the operator to operatorhub.io you need to install and test OLM on a local Kubernetes.
These tests and all pre-requisite can also be executed automatically in a single step using a Makefile.
Go to github/operator-framework/community-operators to interract with the OLM makefile